(Apparently the video embed above did not work… Here is the link to the video: http://shme.co/u8Q5PZ)
To graph an inequality you will
1) pretend to graph the equals of the equation by creating an x y table and plotting points. (pick random x values and plug into the equations).
2) if the graph is less than (<) or greater than (>) you will NOT connect the dots (dotted line)
3) Test a point either above the graph or below the graph. You are looking for the region where all of the points contained in the region are solutions (come out true).
4) If the point you test comes out true that is the region you will shade. Test the other side to make sure that the points in that region are false.
5) If the point you test comes out false that is NOT the region you will shade. Test the other side to make sure that the points in that region are true.
6) Shade all of the points that are solutions.